- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (optional, I used enjoy life mini chips and hu kitchen gems)
- Flakey salt to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Add the ground flaxseed and water to a bowl and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in the almond butter, coconut sugar, shredded coconut baking soda, and optional chocolate chips. Stir well until a dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop (or your hands) to scoop the dough into cookies, using your hand to slightly flatten and leaving enough space for the cookies to spread.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes or until baked through. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.
- Serve topped with flakey salt if desired.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 17 min
- Category: Treats
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 4.7g