This anti-inflammatory turmeric chicken soup is a nourishing and healthy meal. It’s paleo, AIP, and whole30 friendly.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup golden beets, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped into half moons
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut cream (optional, sub more bone broth)
- 16 oz chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1.5 cups kale, destemmed and roughly chopped
- 2–3 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- Using a large stock pot or dutch oven, heat the coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until translucent
- Add in the garlic, celery, cauliflower, carrots and beets and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until lightly softened
- Pour in the broth and coconut cream and stir until creamy. Season with turmeric, ginger, salt, and pepper and stir until the soup is a rich golden color. Add the chicken and parsley and stir well to combine.
- Simmer on medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are softened to liking.
- Stir in the kale and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to slightly cool before serving. Serve topped with additional parsley.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 423
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 31.7g