- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium golden beets, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped into half moons
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 5 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup coconut cream (optional.. sub more bone broth)
- 10–12 oz chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1.5 cups kale, destemmed and roughly chopped
- 2–3 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- Using a large pot, melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil on medium heat
- Add the onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until translucent
- Add in the carrots, celery, cauliflower, and beets and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until lightly softened
- Pour in the broth and coconut cream and stir until creamy.
- Season with turmeric, ginger, salt, and pepper and stir until the soup is a rich golden color.
- Add the chicken and parsley and stir.
- Simmer on medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are softened to liking.
- Stir in the kale and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to slightly cool before serving.
- Serve topped with parsley.