- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 oz gluten-free elbow pasta (sub cassava pasta for AIP, see notes)
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 15 oz can tomato sauce (sub 2 cups nomato sauce for nightshade-free)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard (omit if AIP)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit if AIP)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sub-dairy-free cheese or omit and add 1–2 tbsp of nutrition yeast for dairy-free)
- 3 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- Chopped pickles
- 3 tbsp onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and grease a 9×13″ casserole dish with olive oil.
- Add the pasta, ground beef, chicken broth, tomato sauce, garlic, onion, ground mustard, salt and pepper to the casserole dish. Stir to combine, making sure that the pasta is mostly covered by the liquid.
- Cover the casserole dish and transfer to the oven. Allow to bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cover and top with cheese if desired and return to the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with bacon, pickles, and onion.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 724
- Fat: 27.1
- Carbohydrates: 72.4
- Fiber: 4.2
- Protein: 48.7