- 1.5 lb chicken breast (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 1/4–1/3 tsp salt (salt further to taste, see notes)
- 1/4–1/3 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 6–9 slices of prosciutto
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3–4 fresh sage leaves
- Juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- Preheat the oven to 415 F and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a clean surface, lightly season the chicken breast and wrap in 2-3 slices of prosciutto, making sure to evenly disperse. Top with additional seasoning.
- Set the chicken in the baking dish and top with avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the prosciutto is crispy, and the chicken is an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Using a small saute pan, heat the olive oil on low heat.
- Add the garlic and lightly saute until fragrant.
- Add the sage leaves to the saute pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side to lightly crisp the sage.
- Pour the olive oil, garlic and sage over the chicken and top with fresh lemon juice. Serve warm.
The amount of salt you use will vary depending on how salty the prosciutto is. I recommend tasting the prosciutto beforehand to gauge how much salt you’ll need.
All nutritional facts are estimations and may vary.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 467
- Fat: 25.7g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 55.2g