These baked veggie nuggets are a delicious veggie-packed nugget that is perfect for serving as a side, snack, or appetizer! They’re Paleo, gluten-free, and AIP-friendly.
- 1 cup zucchini (shredded and squeezed to remove excess liquid)
- 1 cup cauliflower, riced (squeeze to remove excess liquid)
- 1/2 carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp finely sliced green onion (reserving some for topping)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the gelatin egg (or sub 1 regular egg):
- 1 tbsp gelatin ( like this )
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and lightly grease a parchment-lined baking sheet with coconut oil
- Add the shredded veggies, coconut flour, coconut oil, tapioca starch, and seasonings (reserving the some green onion for topping) to a mixing bowl and thoroughly combine.
- For the gelatin egg, add the water to a small saucepot and slowly pour over the gelatin. Allow to harden. Place the pot on the stove and turn in on low heat. Slowly melt the gelatin (this will take just a minutes) and remove from heat. Vigorously whisk the gelatin egg until it becomes frothy. Add the gelatin egg to the mixture immediately and combine
- Start forming patties and place them onto the baking sheet (you should have about a dozen)
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes. Very carefully flip them over and bake for another 5-8 minutes .
- OPTIONAL: To crisp further, put until the broiler for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Top with green onion and serve with guacamole, compliant ranch dressing, compliant ketchup, or mustard if tolerated.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 11.2g
- Carbohydrates: 10.4g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 4.3g