- Combine the cinnamon and coconut sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Peel the bananas and slice off the ends. Roll the bananas in the cinnamon sugar to coat all sides and set aside.
- Working with one piece of rice paper at a time, dip the rice paper in a large bowl of water for about 5 seconds or until softened.
- Transfer the rice paper to a large plate or clean workstation. Add one banana to the center of the rice paper. Roll the rice rolls by folding in the two corners, then folding up the bottom edge and rolling into a tight roll. Set aside and repeat for all of the ingredients.
- To make the air fryer- Line the air fryer with parchment paper. Add the banana lumpia and spray or brush with coconut oil. Air fry at 375 F for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until crisped to your liking.
- To make on the stove-Using a large pan, heat about 2 tbsp of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Carefully add the lumpia and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Remove from the air fryer (or stove) and serve with a side of melted chocolate or caramel sauce for dipping if desired.
To make this grain-free, you can try to use coconut wraps! They aren’t quite as easy to roll around the banana as rice paper is, but you can still get a decent wrap around it. The cooking process is similar, but watch the cook time to crisp to your own liking.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 198
- Fat: .5g
- Carbohydrates: 39.4g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 1.7g
Keywords: banana lumpia with rice paper, turon