- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Green onion for garnish
For the paleo/whole 30 bang bang sauce
- 1/4 cup compliant mayo
- 1 tbsp siracha or hot sauce
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the AIP bang bang sauce
- Stir together the sauce ingredients for whichever sauce you’re using, and set aside
- Using a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat
- Pat the shrimp dry and season. Toss with arrowroot starch until lightly coated.
- Fry in the coconut oil in two batches. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, and remove from the pan when fully cooked. Remove the shrimp and set aside, leaving the coconut oil in the pan.
- Toss the cooked shrimp with about two thirds of the sauce, reserving some of the side for dipping.
- Top with green onion and extra salt to taste, and enjoy!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: stove top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 23.6g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 30.9g