These beef skewers are the perfect grilling recipe if you’re looking to mix it up! This recipe is paleo, AIP and can be made whole30.
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup beef broth (sub chicken broth)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (omit for whole30)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 1/4 lb sirloin steak
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2–3 tsp sesame seeds (omit for AIP)
- If you’re using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for an hour to avoid burning.
- Using a medium pot, combine the coconut aminos, broth, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, and seasonings. Add the arrowroot starch and whisk well.
- Transfer to the stovetop and set to medium-low heat. Allow to come to a low simmer for 3-4 minutes. The marinade should thicken and reduce. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Set about 3 tbsp of the sauce aside for dipping and reserve the rest for the marinade.
- Slice the steak into small, flat square, removing any gristle. Once the marinade is cooled, add the steak. Stir to coat well and allow to marinate for 30-45 minutes.
- Slice the root off of the green onions and chop the bottom half into small 1/4-1/2″ pieces. Set aside and chop the top half into small pieces. Set aside.
- Once the steak is done marinating, begin layering the skewers with green onion pieces between each piece of beef. Repeat until all of the meat is skewered.
- Prepare the grill surface and lightly oil. Once the surface is very hot, add the steak slices. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the beef is browned and the steak is cooked to your liking. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds, additional green onion, and sauce on the side.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 12.1g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 32.1g
Keywords: beef yakitori