- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2–3 tsp black pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 celery stalks, sliced on a bias
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Prepare the sauce by combining the coconut aminos, broth, honey, vinegar, garlic, and half of the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil over medium heat and add the celery and onion to the pan. Saute for 5-6 minutes until lightly tender. Season and set aside.
- Toss the chicken in the arrowroot starch and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chicken to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until seared and lightly crisp.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the vegetables back to the pan along with the sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken. The chicken should be cooked through and the sauce should be thick. Stir to coat the chicken and vegetables in the sauce.
- Serve topped with green onion and extra black pepper to taste.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 10.2g
- Carbohydrates: 19.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 26.4g