For the chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast (or about 2 thin breasts)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
- optional – 1 tsp paprika (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
For the salad
- 4-5 cups mixed greens
- 1-2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1-1.5 cups berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey (omit for whole30)
For the chicken
- Set the oven to 400 F. Combine the seasonings in a bowl and coat the chicken on both sides. Set aside.
- Using a cast iron pan, heat the avocado oil until it’s very hot. Add the chicken to the pan and sear for about 5 minutes on each side, until a blackened crust is formed. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest before slicing to serve over the salads.
For the salad and dressing
- Using a high-speed blender, combine all of the salad dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside and save any unused dressing in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
- Prepare the salads with 2 bowls (more if you’d prefer to scale down, or less if you’d rather a larger salad) and layer on the greens, then the chicken, sliced cucumber, avocado, and berries. Finish with the dressing and serve.
Keywords: Salad, blackened chicken, summer, whole30, aip, paleo, spring