- 1lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cupfresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 170 F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add 1 lb of ground beef to a bowl and season with 1 tsp of sea salt, ½ tsp of black pepper, and 1 tsp coconut aminos. Mix well.
- Split the ground beef in half, and separate between the two baking sheets Flatten the ground beef on the sheets as thin as you can get it, and spread around the sheet. You can use your hands (be sure to wash vigorously afterwards) or a rolling pin between an extra sheet of parchment paper.
- Once the beef is flattened, begin adding the ½ cup of fresh blueberries one by one, pushing them into the ground beef and evenly distributing them
- Either cut the ground beef into slices while uncooked, or wait until it’s fully cooked (personal preference, but uncooked is easier). Keep in the oven for 10-12 hours, removing halfway through (give or take a few hours) to flip.
- Remove from the oven once thoroughly cooked to ensure that the jerky is properly dehydrated by ensuring the it’s cooked through and no longer pink
- Store in the fridge and enjoy as a quick snack!