Buffalo chicken stuffed zucchini
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (See below for AIP)
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (omit, or sub this for paleo/AIP)
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing (sub this for AIP)
- 2 tbsp green onion
AIP buffalo sauce (see notes on preperation)
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp smoked salt
- 1–2 tsp horseradish powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease a 9×13″ baking dish with avocado oil.
- Combine the chicken and buffalo sauce well and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini in half vertically and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh inside the zucchini. Place in the baking dish.
- Stuff the zucchini with the chicken and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Add the cheese (if using) and return to the oven for 2-4 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before topping with ranch dressing and green onion to serve.
If you are making AIP buffalo sauce: While the poppers cook, combine the ingredients for the sauce in a pot and whisk well. Cook on the stove on medium heat for 5 minutes, whisking often until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary. Nutrition facts do not include any optional side dishes.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Fat: 13.6g
- Carbohydrates: 11.3g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 40.6g
Keywords: zucchini boats, buffalo chicken zucchini