For the butternut squash sauce
- 1 1/2 lb butternut squash
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
For the lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- To make the sauce, add the butternut squash to a pot and cover it with water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or until the squash is very fork tender. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a blender and blending the remainder of the ingredients until very smooth. Pour about half of the sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and set the other half aside.
- While the squash cooks, fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the lasagna sheets about 2-3 at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly tender. Transfer to a clean plate and coat lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Add the ricotta, egg, spinach, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Prepare the lasagna roll-ups by laying out a lasagna sheet and adding a few spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture, and then rolling up into a roll. Transfer to the baking dish and repeat with all of the lasagna sheets.
- Top the lasagna rolls with the remainder of the butternut sauce and evenly spread. Cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and add shredded cheese if desired, and bake for another 15 minutes or until the lasagna is tender.
- Prepare the crispy sage by heating the olive oil over low heat. Add the sage and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until crisp.
- Top the lasagna with the sage and serve warm..
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian Inspired
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 584
- Fat: 29.9g
- Carbohydrates: 67.2g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 22.4g
Keywords: butternut squash lasagna