- 1 medium white sweet potato, chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 12 oz sausage, sliced (breakfast sausage, or bratwurst, see notes for AIP)
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil and add the sweet potato. Boil until tender, then strain and set aside.
- While the sweet potato boils, heat the avocado oil over medium heat in a large skillet and add the sausage. Brown on each side for about 3-4 minutes or until lightly crisped. Set aside.
- Add the apple to the skillet and saute until slightly softened. Add the cabbage, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Cover the skillet, and allow to the cabbage to wilt over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, removing the lid every few minutes to stir.
- Once the cabbage is wilted, add the sausage, boiled sweet potato, and red wine vinegar and stir to combine.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley
All nutritional facts are estimated and will vary.
To make AIP, use ground pork or turkey instead of sausage and season with herbs of choice.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 474
- Fat: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Protein: 15.8g
Keywords: cabbage skillet