These chicken lettuce wraps are the perfect healthier PF Chang’s copycat! They’re paleo, whole30, and AIP compliant.
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp almond butter (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses (omit for Whole30)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp avocado oil
For the lettuce wraps
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced fine
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced fine
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts (omit for AIP to avoid citric acid)
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Season to taste and set aside.
- Using a large deep skillet, heat the avocado oil on medium heat.
- Add the ground chicken and salt. Cook through and use a wooden spoon to crumble the chicken.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Pour in the majority of the sauce, leaving some to serve on the side, along with the water chestnuts and green onion. Stir to combine and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the ground chicken mixture in a bowl with a serving spoon along with the butter lettuce leaves washed and separated, and extra sauce on the side.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Fat: 11.2g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 29.5g