- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup capers, with some liquid
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted
- 1 cup prunes, pitted
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone in skin-on
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Prepare the marinade in a large bowl or glass tupperware. Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, capers (with some of the liquid), green olives, prunes, parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat in the marinade. Cover and transfer to the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and add the chicken to a large baking dish with the marinade. Add wine to the baking dish and top the chicken with coconut sugar.
- Cover the baking dish and transfer it to the oven. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the baking dish and turn the oven heat up to 400 F. Bake for another 10 minutes. The chicken should be at least 165 F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a serving tray.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
If you’re AIP and want to avoid alcohol, keep in mind that alcohol does cook out in dishes like this. However, if you’d rather forgo it altogether, you can add a bit more vinegar and some chicken broth instead. It won’t pack as much flavor as the wine, but it will work.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 457
- Fat: 25.6g
- Carbohydrates: 28.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 27.5g
Keywords: chicken marbella