This paleo chicken noodle soup is classic comfort food. It’s made with nourishing ingredients and is grain-free, paleo, and even AIP-friendly!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cubed
- 2 tsp AIP Paleo Powder All-Purpose Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup parsnip, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 8 oz (1 box) jovial cassava fusilli pasta
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the avocado oil. Allow to heat.
- Add the chicken thighs to the base of the instant pot and season with half of the AIP Paleo Powder All-Purpose Seasoning, stirring to coat. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add the onion to the instant pot and saute for 2-3 minutes or until lightly translucent. Add the celery, parsnip, and carrots and saute for another 3-4 minutes to make lightly fork tender. Season with the rest of the AIP Paleo Powder All-Purpose Seasoning.
- Hit “cancel” to shut off the saute function on the instant pot. Add the chicken back to the instant pot along with the remainder of the ingredients. Stir well to ensure the pasta is covered by the broth.
- Add the lid to the instant pot and set the vent to sealing. Set the instant pot to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Allow the instant pot to come to pressure and cook for the 8 minutes. Wait 5 minutes before carefully flipping the valve to allow the pressure to quickly release.
- Once the pressure has fully released, carefully remove the lid. Allow the soup to cool slightly before serving.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 427
- Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 62.5g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 20g