This chicken and ramen stir fry is an easy dish made with chicken, vegetables, gluten-free ramen, and a simple sauce. It’s gluten and soy-free and can be made paleo and AIP-friendly.
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1” strips
- 1 head baby bok choy leaves
- 3 bricks Lotus rice ramen (see notes for paleo/ AIP swap)
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (omit for AIP)
- Prepare the sauce by using a small bowl to whisk the coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and arrowroot together. Set aside.
- Using a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and lightly season with salt, and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through to 165 F. Set aside.
- Add the onions, ginger, and garlic to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add more cooking fat if needed.
- Add the broccoli, bok choy, and zucchini to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Set a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Once the water is boiled, add the ramen to the pot and cook as directed, until the ramen noodles are cooked. Drain the water and rinse the noodles in cold water.
- Using the same large skillet, combine the chicken, vegetables, cooked ramen, and sauce. Stir on low heat for 2-3 minutes to coat the stir fry in the sauce. Season further to taste.
- Serve topped with green onion and sesame seeds.
To make this recipe Paleo and AIP, you can swap out 2 packages of sweet potato glass noodles instead.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 403
- Fat: 11.2g
- Carbohydrates: 43.3g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 31.4g