This chicken stroganoff is a simple one-pan meal that can easily be made in 20 minutes. It’s paleo, whole30, and AIP-friendly.
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided (omit for AIP)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Prepare a bowl with arrowroot starch and half of the salt and pepper. Mix well and add the chicken, thoroughly coating in the arrowroot mixture.
- Heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken. Rotate often, cooking 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- Using the same pan (adding more oil if needed) saute the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Pour in the broth, coconut cream, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, salt and pepper, and the cooked chicken. Stir to combine and allow to simmer and thick for 2-3 minutes. Salt further to taste.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve over mashed sweet potato or, gluten-free pasta or vegetable noodles.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 10.1g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 28.1g
Keywords: chicken stroganoff