- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (sub carob for AIP)
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Optional- 2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips (omit for AIP)
- 3–4 scoops ice cream (like this, or any ice cream of choice), to assemble the sandwiches
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper that’s lightly greased with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix in the wet ingredients and stir well until fully incorporated.
- Roll the dough into 6 balls, as evenly portioned as possible, and flatten each ball onto the cookie sheet. You want the cookies to be mostly flat, but not paper thin.
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 20-30 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- To assemble, sandwich one-two small scoops of ice cream between two cookies and eat immediately. If you have leftover cookies, do not freeze them with the ice cream, or they’ll be too hard to bite into… these are best fresh or stored in the fridge rather than the freezer.
- Eat fresh and enjoy!!!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include ice cream and optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 589
- Fat: 31.6g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: ice cream, ice cream sanwhich