- 2 cups shredded zucchini, (squeezed to remove excess liquid)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder or carob for AIP
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soy & dairy free chocolate chips (optional… omit for AIP)
- FOR THE GELATIN EGG (sub 3 regular eggs if applicable)
- 3 tbsp gelatin
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl add in the zucchini, coconut flour, and carob/cocoa powder and stir to evenly combine. Next add the coconut oil, honey, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix.
- For the gelatin eggs, add the water to a small sauce pot and slowly sprinkle the gelatin into the water. You don’t want any clumps. Allow it to bloom over 2-3 minutes
- Place the pot on the stove and turn in on low heat. Slowly melt the the gelatin (this will take just a few minutes) and remove from heat.
- Vigorously whisk the gelatin egg until it becomes frothy
- Add the gelatin egg to the mixture immediately and combine
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spoon. Top with chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes
- Allow to cool completely until cutting. The bread will crumble unless it’s given time to cool and set. I recommend cooling in the fridge overnight.
- Once cooled, carefully slice and enjoy!