- 8.5 oz peeled and shredded zucchini, squeezed to remove excess liquid (see notes)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cool
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (sub carob for AIP)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Dairy-free chocolate chips (optional, omit for AIP)
For the gelatin egg
- 3 tbsp gelatin
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine the shredded zucchini, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Add the coconut flour, arrowroot, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- For the gelatin egg, add the water to a small saucepot and slowly pour over the gelatin. Allow it to harden. Place the pot on the stove and turn it on low heat. Slowly melt the gelatin (this will take just a minute) and remove from heat. Vigorously whisk the gelatin egg until it becomes frothy. Add the gelatin egg to the mixture immediately and combine. The batter should be thick, almost like a dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, saving some for topping the bread.
- Add the batter into the lined loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spoon. Top with chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely until cutting. I recommend cooling further in the fridge to allow the gelatin to set. Once cooled, carefully slice and enjoy!
For the zucchini, I highly recommend weighing it to get to the 8.5oz weight after you shred and squeeze out the water to get the most accurate measurement. If you don’t have a scale, the measurement is 1 heaping cup.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
Keywords: zucchini bread