- 2 1/2 cups parsnips, chopped and divided
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/3 cup clam juice
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2 6.5 oz cans of clams (like this), drained and juice reserved
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Add the cauliflower and 1 cup of parsnips to a pot along with the broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Allow to cool slightly before blending with an immersion blender, or in a high-speed blender. Set aside.
- Using the same pot, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and celery, and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Combine the coconut milk and arrowroot starch and pour into the pot along with the cauliflower/parsnip broth, clam juice (from the canned clams), bay leaf, salt, pepper, thyme, and the remainder of the uncooked parsnips. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the parsnips are tender.
- Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaf, and stir in the clams. Serve topped with bacon and additional thyme.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Serving Size: 1
- Fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 4.2g