- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 cup +1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup green plantain, chopped
- 1/2 cup banana, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup blueberries
For the gelatin egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp Vital Proteins Gelatin
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a 6 muffin tin spaces with muffin liners.
- Combine the tigernut flour, collagen, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda in a large bowl and set aside.
- Using a blender, blend the green plantain and banana very well until completely smooth and no large chunks remain.
- Mix in the pureed plantain and banana with the flour mixture, stir in the melted coconut oil and set aside.
- For the gelatin egg, add the water to a small sauce pot and slowly pour over the gelatin. Allow it to bloom over 2-3 minutes until the mixture hardens. Place the pot on the stove and turn in on low heat. Slowly melt the the gelatin over 1-2 minute and remove from heat. Vigorously whisk the gelatin egg until it becomes frothy.
- Add the gelatin egg to the mixture immediately, and mix together. Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins (the batter will be fairly sticky) and use a spoon to smooth down the tops of the muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until baked through.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before enjoying.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 12.8g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 8.4g