For the protein bites
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup tigernut flour (sub almond flour for non AIP/nut free)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips (sub the recipe below for AIP)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
For the AIP friendly carob chips (optional)
- 1 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the cookie dough bites
- Combine the tigernut flour, shredded coconut, and collagen in a medium bowl and mix.
- Stir in the maple syrup and coconut oil and stir until well combined.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips (or the carob chips below for AIP).
- Prepare a plate lined with parchment paper. Begin rolling the mixture into balls (you’ll have about 7-8) and place them on the plate. Finish with sea salt if desired.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until solidified.
- Eat chilled and enjoy!
For the carob chips (optional)
- Prepare an 8×8″ pan lined with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil on low heat in a saucepan on a stove top and stir in the maple syrup when liquid. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the carob powder. Slowly pour in the liquid and stir to combine with the carob powder.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and chill for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Carefully remove from pan and chop up into small chips to add to the bites.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: snacks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 12.7g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 4.2g