- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz gluten-free pasta (I used Jovial brown rice pasta, sub cassava pasta for AIP)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, drained (omit for AIP)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Using a large dutch oven or stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with oregano, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat until the chicken is cooked through to 165 F. Set aside.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the pasta to the pot along with the broth, coconut milk, and white wine vinegar. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often until the pasta is cooked through.
- Add the coconut cream, sundried tomatoes, spinach, nutritional yeast, and cooked chicken. Stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve topped with parsley.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 569
- Fat: 25.8g
- Carbohydrates: 35.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 33.1g