These creamy Tuscan mushrooms are the perfect vegetarian one-pan side dish! They’re paleo, whole30, AIP, and even vegan friendly.
For the sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup broth (use vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
For the Tuscan mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, washed well
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Whisk the ingredients for the sauce together until well combined. Set aside.
- Using a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms. Allow to saute undisturbed for 1-2 minutes, and then begin to stir around the pan with a wooden spoon. Saute for another 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Pour in the sauce and stir to coat the mushrooms, bringing the sauce to a low simmer and allowing it to thick for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and sundried tomatoes and stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve warm as a side dish topped with parsley.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 19.3g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 5.2g