- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 1/2 cup dairy-free cheese sauce
- Shredded dairy-free cheese (see notes)
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef and onion. Season and crumble until fully cooked through. Set aside and reserve about 2 tbsp of fat in the pan, discarding the rest.
- Add the sweet potato to the pan and lightly season with salt and pepper. Saute for 7-9 minutes or until tender and lightly crisp.
- Add the ground beef and onion back to the pan and pour the cheese sauce over. Stir to combine, coating the skillet in the sauce.
- If desired, add shredded dairy-free cheese on top. Transfer to the oven (set at 400F) and allow to melt.
- Serve topped with chopped cilantro.
- The shredded cheese is optional! It’s just as good with just the cheese sauce, but the cheese on top just makes it cheesier looking and feeling. I recommend going with a homemade dairy-free cheese like this or this for AIP. For storebought, you can try this if you tolerate nightshades.
- All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 459
- Fat: 20.4g
- Carbohydrates: 38.9g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 30.4g