- Add the beet to a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Using a high-speed blender like a Vitamix, blend the beet with 1/2 cup of water until smooth.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large mug and pour the beet mixture through the strainer and into the mug. Use a spoon to push down the pulp to draw out any excess liquid. Save the pulp to add to soups, sauces, or mix it into the drink if desired.
- Heat the milk and coconut oil in a medium saucepan until warm. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, collagen, and honey. Whisk until fully incorporated and the collagen is fully dissolved. Use a milk frother if desired.
- Pour the milk into the mug with the beet mixture and serve warm topped with additional cinnamon if desired.
Save time by buying precooked beets, like the Love Beet brand!
All nutrition facts are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: drink
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 812
- Fat: 66.3g
- Carbohydrates: 35.5g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 29g