This homemade Dulce de Leche is the perfect finisher for any dessert! It’s dairy-free, paleo, vegan, and AIP-friendly.
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk (I recommend this brand)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp tapioca starch
- Set the stove to medium-low heat and place the pot on the stove. Add all of the ingredients to a large pot and stir well to combine, continuing to stir until the coconut sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the pot to a medium simmer. Allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes. The sauce should reduce and thicken.
- Allow to cool before enjoying or transfering to glass and storing in the fridge.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 10.2g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g