- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 white onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp oregano
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- Using a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, garlic, seasonings, lemon juice, and zest until fully combined.
- Using 4-5 soaked wooden skewers, form a handful of the beef mixture on the skewer in a long shape, covering most of the skewer. Repeat for all of the beef mixtures. Transfer to a plate and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Using a grill pan or outdoor grill, set to medium-high heat and grease with oil. Add the beef kofta to the grill surface and grill for about 7-8 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked through.
- Serve the beef topped with tzatziki and with a side of vegetables and rice.
To cook in the oven, evenly space the prepared skewers on a parchment-lined baking sheet (with a baking rack if possible) and bake at 350 F for 25 min, or until baked through.[tasty-recipe id="22241"]
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: grilled
Keywords: beef kofta