For the sausage
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1/2 apple, peeled
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (divided)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
For the breakfast box
- Coconut yogurt
- Hemp hearts (omit for AIP)
- Using a food processor, shred the sweet potato and apple until fully shredded
- Steam the sweet potato mixture by adding it to a bowl along with about 2 tbsp of water. Cover with a paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes to lightly soften. Pat with a clean towel to strain excess liquid.
- Combine the ground chicken, sweet potato, apple, coconut flour, 1 tbsp avocado oil, maple syrup, and seasonings and fold until well combined.
- Form the mixture into 7-8 sausages that are round and slightly flattened. Set aside.
- Using a large deep pan, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add 2-3 sausages to the pan at a time, being careful to not overcrowd the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until crisped and browned. The internal temperature should read 165 F.
- Add the sausage to the breakfast box along with blueberries, and the yogurt, and top with hemp hearts.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 23.2g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 21.3g