These chicken enchiladas are the perfect freezer-friendly meal to freeze now and cook later. They’re gluten-free, paleo, and can be made to be nightshade free.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup zucchini, shredded and excess water squeezed out
- 1 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (use this sauce for AIP/nightshade-free)
- 8 grain-free tortillas (I use Siete almond flour tortillas, see notes for AIP)
- 1 cup dairy-free cheese, shredded (optional, use something like this for AIP)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and set aside a 9×13″ casserole dish lightly greased with avocado oil.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly before combining with the shredded chicken, zucchini and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce to the casserole dish and spread evenly.
- If using the Siete almond flour tortillas, heat for 15 seconds to slightly soften. Add 3-4 spoonfuls of the shredded chicken to the center of one tortilla and roll tightly. Add to the casserole dish. Repeat for all of the tortillas.
- Top the tortillas with the remainder of the enchilada sauce and spread evenly. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until fully warmed.
- Allow to cool slightly before with topped with avocado, cilantro, black olives, green onion, lime wedges, and other toppings of your choice.
Siete brand tortillas are not AIP-compliant (except for their burrito size tortillas which are AIP compliant). I have not tried to make this recipe with homemade cassava flour tortillas, but I’m sure it would work! I also have an AIP zucchini enchilada recipe.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 556
- Fat: 28.5g
- Carbohydrates: 37.8g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Protein: 38.6g