This gluten-free French Toast Casserole is a comforting baked breakfast made in one pan! This recipe is gluten-free and made without refined sugar.
- 1 16 oz loaf gluten-free bread, chopped into 1″ cubes (I use this GF sourdough)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease and 8×8″ baking pan.
- Add the bread cubes to a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract, whisking well to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and toss with a rubber spatula, making sure that the bread cubes are thoroughly coated with the egg mixture. Pour the bread mixture into the baking dish and set aside.
- Using a small bowl, combine the ghee, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Drizzle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the casserole.
- Transfer the casserole to the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the casserole is firm.
- Serve fresh with maple syrup if desired.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 485
- Fat: 22.1g
- Carbohydrates: 55.2g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Protein: 15.8g