For the cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup ghee, softened
- 1/4 cup palm shortening
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
For the glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, arrowroot, gelatin and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Cream the ghee, shortening and maple syrup together in a seperate bowl and combine with the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Add the vanilla and the zest of one lemon into the dough and stir to combine.
- Scoop the dough into small cookies (about 2 tbsp worth of dough at a time), and roll into round balls. Evenly space on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar with lemon juice and coconut milk. Stir until a smooth glaze forms.
- Dip each cookie into the glaze, rotating to coat and allowing the excess glaze to drip off. Place on a large plate and top with sprinkles while the glaze is still wet.
- Allow the glaze to set and serve!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 12.3g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1g
- Fiber: .8g
- Protein: 3.2g
Keywords: italian easter cookies