These gluten-free monster cookies are a peanut-free take on the classic! They’re made with oats, almond butter, chocolate, and other simple ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a medium bowl, stir the ground flaxseed and water together and allow to thicken and set for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda and stir to combine. Fold in the almond butter and coconut oil, stirring thoroughly to make sure the almond butter fully incorporated and a smooth dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips and candy gems, reserving some for topping the cookies.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the cookies onto a baking sheet. Flatten slightly and top with chocolate chips and candy gems. You should have about a dozen cookies
- Bake in the preheated for 14-15 minutes or until the cookies are firm and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before carefully transferring to a cooling rack. Allow to mostly cool before serving.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Treats
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 6.1g
Keywords: monster cookies