- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp palm shortening
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup canned sweet potato purée
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with 6-7 liners that are lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Combine the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Sift the tigernut flour, tapioca starch, and coconut flour together. Stir in the salt and baking powder.
- Stir in the palm shortening, honey, sweet potato puree, and coconut milk mixture.
- To prep, the gelatin egg, add 1/4 cup of water to a small pot and sprinkle over the gelatin. Allow to harden. Place on the stove and allow the mixture to become liquid over low heat. This will take 1-2 minutes. Use a whisk or milk frother to froth until very frothy. Add to the batter and stir immediately.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill the muffin liners with the batter. You should have 6-7 muffins.
- Transfer to oven and allow to bake for 35 minutes or until baked through.
- Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before serving.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 10.7g
- Carbohydrates: 24.7g
- Fiber: 3.2g
Keywords: cornbread, grain free cornbread, paleo cornbread