- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (use this for paleo, this for AIP)
- 4 almond flour tortillas, sliced into strips (see notes for nut-free)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free cheese, shredded (optional)
- 2 tbsp dairy-free sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh lime wedges to serve
- Using a large, set over medium heat and add the ground beef, onion, garlic, and seasonings. Crumble the ground beef until fully cooked, draining some of the excess fat, leaving about 2 tbsp of fat in the pan. Set aside.
- Add the butternut squash to the pan and saute until soft. Add the beef back to the pan.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce and stir to coat the beef. Bring to a low simmer. Add the tortillas and gently stir in coat in the sauce, allowing to soften for 2-3 minutes. Add the cheese if desired and allow to melt. Remove from the heat.
- Top with cilantro, green onion, and serve with dairy-free sour cream, avocado, and fresh lime wedges.
- I highly recommend using frozen and then defrosted butternut squash as it cooks much faster!
To make AIP/nut-free:
- Use cassava tortillas or 1-2 of these burrito tortillas
All nutritional facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: One-Pan
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 401
- Fat: 15.8g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5g
- Fiber: 9.2g
- Protein: 30.5g