This ground beef ramen noodle stir fry tastes like takeout made healthier! It’s gluten-free and can be modified to be paleo and AIP.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 head baby bok choy, base removed and leaves chopped
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 4 bricks Lotus rice ramen (see notes for paleo/ AIP swap)
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 5–6 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Set a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- Using a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat and season with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to crumble the beef until browned and set aside, reserving 2 tbsp of fat in the pan.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add more cooking fat if needed.
- Add the broccoli, bok choy, and carrots to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Once the water is boiled, add the ramen to the pot and cook as directed, until the ramen noodles are just almost cooked and al dente. Drain the water and rinse the noodles in cold water.
- Using the same large skillet, combine the beef, vegetables, and cooked ramen. Add the broth, coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar and turn the heat to medium, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until the stir fry is warm and the ramen is fully cooked.
- Serve topped with green onion and add additional coconut aminos if desired.
To make this recipe Paleo and AIP, you can swap out 2 packages of sweet potato glass noodles instead. However, you’ll have to reduce the coconut aminos by 2-3 tbsp to account for less noodles.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 16.4g
Keywords: ramen noodle stir fry