- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium rutabaga, chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp rosemary (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bacon slices on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the bacon is just cooked. Be sure not to over crisp it as it will be re-crisped in the oven. Chop the bacon and set it aside. Reserve the fat in the pan.
- Add all of the vegetables to the baking sheet with the herbs and salt and toss in the baking fat to evenly coat.
- Bake the vegetables in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until crisp. Cook time will vary depending on sizes. Add the chopped bacon to the vegetable mix for the final 2-3 minutes to re-crisp and heat.
- Remove the vegetable hash from the oven and top with additional herbs for garnish and salt to taste.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Sides
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 4.2g