- 3 white sweet potato (sub other varieties, and see above for where to buy these)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or ghee for non-AIP)
- 2 tsp fresh chives
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- FOR THE OPTIONAL SAUCE
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/8 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash the sweet potatoes well, and line them up on a cutting board. Place a chopsticks on both sides of the sweet potatoes, and make 15-20 slits in them. You can do this without chopsticks, just be careful and controlled!
- Top the potatoes with coconut oil, salt, and pepper if using.
- Bake in the oven for for 50 minutes to an hour or until sweet potatoes are baked to liking. Remove to the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with fresh chives.
- For the sauce, combine the coconut cream, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar and salt and whisk well. Serve the sauce over the sweet potatoes. Note that it will melt if the potatoes are too hot!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients or sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 9.1g
- Carbohydrates: 26.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 2.1g