These Hawaiian chicken bowls are an easy and delicious slow cooker meal! This recipe is gluten-free, paleo, and can be made whole30 and AIP.
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp compliant ketchup (optional, I used this)
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (omit for whole30)
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1.5 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp green onion, to serve
- Cauliflower rice to serve (optional)
- Add the broth, pineapple juice, coconut aminos, lime juice, ketchup, arrowroot starch and seasonings to a bowl and whisk together until fully combined.
- Add the chicken to the bottom on the slow cooker, placing the pineapple red onion, broccoli and carrot on top.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture and lightly stir to coat.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours. The chicken should read an internal temperature of 165F.
- Serve topped with green onion and with cauliflower rice on the side if desired.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 26.7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 31.7g