For the cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (sub carob powder for AIP)
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the cream filling (scale up for double stuffed, see notes)
- 1/2 cup palm shortening (or substitute softened coconut butter)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Sift the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and tapioca starch together until well combined.
- Mix in the baking soda, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Stir well to combine and transfer to the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper and flatten to about 1/4″ thickness.
- Use a small cookie cutter (1.5″ or so, or smaller) to cut small oreo cookies (you’ll have about 14-16) and transfer the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until baked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before very carefully transferring to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Make the cream by combining the shortening (or coconut butter) and maple syrup.
- Spoon the cream onto one cookie, and use another cookie to sandwich. Use your fingers or the back of a spoon to clean up excess cream on the sides of the cookie.
- Eat fresh, or allow to chill in the fridge for 30-45 minutes to let the cream to set and harden.
If you prefer more cream, scale the cream recipe up by 1/2 or 1x. Chill the oreos for 30-45 minutes to allow the cream to harden to avoid mess.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Nutritional information does not include optional or scaled ingredients.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 249
- Fat: 21.5g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2g