These mini hot cocoa cheesecakes are the perfect fun dessert to mix it up for the holidays! They’re dairy & gluten-free, and paleo.
For the crust
- 1 cup chocolate cookies of choice (I used 8 of these cookies. For AIP, you can also use this or this for a mint flavor)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the cheesecake
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (sub carob for AIP)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (use alcohol free for AIP)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder
For the topping
For the crust
- Using a muffin tin, line 6 tins with muffin liners and set aside.
- Add the cookies to a food processor and process until they’re finely crumbled. Add the coconut oil and process for 5-10 seconds to combine.
- Use a spoon to add the crust to the bottom of the muffin liners. You’ll have about 2 tbsp of crust in each muffin cup. Press the crust down so it’s even.
- Transfer to the freezer and allow to harden for 15-20 minutes. Remove when ready to add the cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake filling
- Clean out the food processor and add the coconut cream, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Blend until combined.
- For the gelatin egg, pour the water into a small saucepan and evenly sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to allow to harden. Place on the stovetop set to low heat for 1-2 minutes until the mixture comes to liquid. Remove from heat. Use a whisk or milk frother to blend the gelatin mixture until frothy.
- Add the gelatin egg mixture to the food proecessor and pulse for 3-5 seconds to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust, evenly filling the muffin cups.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to set for 3 hours, or overnight. The cheesecake should be firm.
- To serve, carefully peel back the muffin liners. Top with coconut cream and marshmallows.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 24.2g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 4.5g