- 3/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (sub carob powder for AIP)
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup palm shortening
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips
- 6–7 marshmallows (I use these)
- Extra dairy-free chocolate for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine the tigernut flour, arrowroot, cocoa powder, gelatin, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, cream the palm shortening, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract together until combined. Combine with the dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 6-7 balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet. Slightly flatten.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until baked through. Remove from the oven and add the marshmallows on top. The residual heat will melt the marshmallow onto the cookie.
- If desired, grate chocolate over the top of the cookie with a tool like a microplane. Allow the cookie to cool for a few minutes before enjoying it!
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 14.7g
- Carbohydrates: 29.6g
- Fiber: 2.3g