These plantain chips are the perfect homemade snack!
- 2 green plantains
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt to taste (1/2 tsp-1 tsp)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Carefully remove the peels from the plantains by cutting off the ends, making a slice into the center of the plantain peel, and peeling it back.
- Using a mandolin slicer (or a sharp knife) carefully slice the plantains into 1/8″ slices.
- Lay the plantain slices onto the baking sheet and coat with avocado oil, salt, garlic powder, and lime juice.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy. Rotate once or twice to cook evenly.
- Serve with a salsa, cilantro avocado lime sauce, or guacamole.
All nutrition facts are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15-20
- Category: snancks
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: latin
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 402.4mg
- Fat: 18.7g
- Carbohydrates: 41.4g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 1.6g
Keywords: plantain chips, snacks