This instant pot chicken no-tortilla soup is quick and easy! It’s paleo, keto, whole30, and easy to modify for AIP.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced and deseeded (omit for AIP)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes (sub 2 cups nomato sauce for AIP)
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1–2 medium avocados, sliced
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the avocado oil. Once heated, add the onion, jalapeno and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is slightly translucent.
- Add the zucchini and saute for another 1-2 minutes to soften.
- Pour in the broth, tomato, lime juice, chicken, and seasonings (reserving cilantro to serve) and stir well to combine.
- Hit “cancel” on the instant pot and place on the lid with the valve sealed. Set the instant pot to high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Allow to come to pressure and cook. Quick release the pressure and carefully remove the lid. Use a meat thermometer to enure the chicken is 165F. Set the instant pot to saute for longer if needed. Pull the chicken out and shred with two forks. Add back to the soup and stir.
- Serve topped with cilantro, avocado, and additional lime juice to taste.
To make in the slow cooker, add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and set to low for 6-8 hours. Remove the chicken and shred when cooked through. Serve topped with cilantro and avocado.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 15.8g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 28.5g
Keywords: tortilla soup