- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 egg yolks (omit for AIP)
- 3 tbsp almond flour (sub 2 tbsp of coconut flour for AIP, see notes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 16 oz tomato sauce (sub nightshade free sauce for AIP)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine the lamb, egg yolk, almond flour, olive oil, and seasonings. Mix well to thoroughly combine.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the meatball mixture and form it into round, uniformly sized meatballs. You should have about 12 large meatballs. Place on the baking sheet and evenly space.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 20-23 minutes. The meatballs should be cooked through but not yet crispy.
- Turn on the broiler setting on the oven and cook for 2-4 more minutes or until the meatballs are crispy. The meatballs should be cooked through and lightly crisp on the outside. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Using a large, deep pan, heat a pasta sauce of your choice until lightly bubbling. Add the meatballs and toss in the sauce to coat in the sauce, but not overcook the meatballs.
- Turn off the heat and top with parsley. Serve over a gluten-free pasta of your choice or veggie noodles like spaghetti squash.
If making the meatballs AIP, also add about 1 tbsp of olive oil to add extra moisture to account for being egg-free.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian Inspired
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 444
- Fat: 33.7g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 22.7g
Keywords: lamb meatballs