- 8–10 Almond Flour tortillas (I use Siete brand, see notes for alternatives of AIP/nut allergies)
- 1–2 large avocados
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 lb shredded chicken
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2–3 tbsp cilantro lime dressing (You can use this dressing here for AIP, or the Primal Kitchen dressing)
- Using a large pan, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the tortillas one by one and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the tortilla starts to crisp. Set aside and repeat with all of the tortillas and set aside.
- Prepare the avocado mash by combining the avocado with salt, pepper, lime juice, and minced garlic.
- Assemble the tostadas by layering on the mashed avocado, then the shredded chicken, red onion, mango, and cilantro lime dressing. Serve fresh.
You can use other varieties of Siete brand tortillas, or other grain-free tortillas like homemade cassava tortillas for AIP. The trick is to just get them nice and crispy, so each of the different varieties of tortillas will vary a bit with cook times, but as long as you keep a close eye on it you can make it work.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: One-Pan
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 441
- Fat: 18.3g
- Carbohydrates: 41.1g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Protein: 30.8g