- 1 lb ground chicken (sub turkey)
- 2 cups sweet potato, shredded (using a grater or food processor)
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- 2 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
- optional – 1 tsp chili powder (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly mix until well combined.
- Scoop the poppers (you should have 20-25) out using a small scoop, or just your hand, and place them evenly spaced on the baking sheet. Slightly flatten them by pushing them down with your hand.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping once. Remove from the baking sheet and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro avocado lime sauce, guacamole, or a tomato based salsa if you tolerate nightshades.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 7.9g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 3.7g