- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1–2 tsp taco seasoning (see notes for AIP)
- 4 grain-free tortillas (I use Siete almond flour tortillas)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (optional, omit for AIP)
For the toppings
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced green onion
- Sliced black olives
- Diced avocado
- Shredded lettuce
- Salsa (omit for AIP)
- Lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Add the ground beef to a pan over medium heat and season. Crumble and brown until cooked through. Set aside.
- Slice your tortilla into strips and line the muffin tin, covering all of the spaces to make a full shell.
- Fill the tortilla shells with a large spoonful of beef, filling three-quarters of the way full. Top with cheese if desired.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp.
- Allow to cool slightly and carefully remove from the muffin tin. Transfer to a plate and add toppings of your choice.
To season for AIP, add salt, and 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, dried cilantro, and dried oregano. Use cassava tortillas.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9.5g